[Serusers] LDAP with SIP digest HTTP authentication

GUSTAVO GARCIA BERNARDO ggb at tid.es
Sun Feb 22 00:28:39 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a solution for LDAP authentication in SER, but i have a question.  With digest HTTP authentication (RFC 2617) the SIP server doesn't have the plain password, it has a hash of user:realm:password (H(A1)).   How could a sip server authenticate the users using a standard LDAP database with this information?

Somebody knows a solution for this?

My ideas are to use HTTP basic authentication (not standard with SIP) or store H(A1) in LDAP (not standard in LDAP, you need to modify the stored information). I think both are bad solutions.

Thank you very much.

G.