[Serusers] Too much shared memory demanded: 33554432 Error

Helder Rogerio [MICROREDE] hrogerio at microrede.com
Mon Feb 16 14:56:06 CET 2004

Thanks for your quick answer i'll be upgrading it now and giving feedback
to the group.

thanks for all the people that replied my need for assistance

Helder

<citacao quem="Jan Janak">
> Are you using a 2.2.x kernel ? If so then upgrade the kernel to 2.4.x
>
>  Jan.
>
> On 16-02 04:57, Helder Rogerio [MICROREDE] wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm Helder from Portugal and i have recently (2 days) installed Ser in a
>> debian box with 196Mb RAM, Pentium II 450 (cheap machine) to try out the
>> possibilities of VOIP inside our organization, i've downloaded to .deb
>> package for 0.8.12 version, installed and puff! an error, Too much
>> shared
>> memory demanded: 33554432...
>>
>> I've added more meory to the machine without results on the syslog i've
>> found the following:
>>
>> ERROR: shm_mem_init : could not attach shared memory
>> ser: Could not initialize shared memory pool, exiting...
>>
>> Can this be solved, i've been searching docs in iptel.org site without
>> success.
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>

>> Cumprimentos / Best regards,
>>
>> Helder Rogério

>> Microrede - Tecnologias de Informaç?o, Lda.
>> Rua Lopes, 55 - C/V E
>> 1900-297 Lisbon
>> Portugal
>>
>> Tel. 21 8148372
>> Fax. 21 8127158
>>
>> Web: http://www.microrede.com
>>

>> ***
>>  ? There are only two types of people in the world, those who have lost
>> data and those who will. ?
>> -- Richard Nixon

Cumprimentos / Best regards,

Helder Rogério

Microrede - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda.
Rua Lopes, 55 - C/V E
1900-297 Lisbon
Portugal

Tel. 21 8148372