[Serusers] INVITE timeout

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Feb 17 03:37:52 CET 2004

summary: I think you need to special case timers for outbound calls not
to interfere with timer logic in the other domain for inbound calls.
Way a) modifiable timers (takes a piece of work on code, see a separate
email), way  b) stateless forwarding for outbound calls without the
possibility of accounting.

as for b) the idea is simple, you keep no state for request (use forward
as opposed to t_relay), you just forward back and forth like an IP router,
and that's it. SER will not need and/or be able to to wipe the state from
memory and cancel a transaction prematurely. The limitation is that stateless
processing is mutualy exclusive with accounting. If you wish to account
calls to other domains, you need to keep requests and replies in memory
to correlate them to generate accounting records. If you keep something
in memory, you need to set up timer to clean it if it is there for too
long and takes too much place.

-jiri