[Serusers] mysql problems on Solaris 8

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Mon Feb 16 20:20:58 CET 2004

Laurent BURGY wrote:
> It seems to be better ...
> The only problem now is that when i try to register  "no mem for
> sip_msg" appear ...
> I take a look and it's said to modify  PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE value in the
> config.h ...
>
> I don't know where is this file, if it's a mysql file or whatever...
> I've installed mysql from sources but i use a Solaris binary
> distribution for ser (0.8.12 for Solaris)...
>
> Could u tell me please where i can find this parameter ( it doesn't seem
> to be in the mysql/include...)??

PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE is "ser's" (or sip_router) config.h. You cant change
it at runtime AFAIK. In addition to that i think its just a misleading
error message. Ive experienced the same error message before upgrading
my debian kernel to 2.4.18.

It probably just means that your process isnt able to allocate shared
memory due to incompatibilities in the source or libs used.

I can only suggest to fetch the current 8.1.12 stable from CVS and
make a fresh compile. In addition i would suggest to link all offered
packages on iptel.org statically because otherwise the use of this
packages will mostly result in problems.

best regards,

   Arnd