[Serusers] Question regarding save("location") and lookup("aliases")

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Mon Feb 16 12:27:51 CET 2004

On 16-02 06:33, Arnd Vehling wrote:
> Andres wrote:
> >>
> >I don't think this makes sense.  You need to know the aliases when you
> >are doing an INVITE, not when you are REGISTERING.   So for example if
> >you call user 111 which is also an alias for 222, then SER needs to know
> >that alias when an INVITE is heading for either 111 or 222, not when the
> >user is registering.
> >

> ok, i thought the command would load all aliases for the current
> subscriber into SERS "alias" memory table so they would be available
> when processing an INVITE.

  No, "location" and "alises" are completely independend tables.
  save("location") will store contacts into the location table,
  lookup("aliases") will retrieve (another) set of contacts
  from the aliases table, rewrite the Request-URI with the first one and
  the rest (if any) will be appended as branches.

    Jan.