[Serusers] Question regarding save("location") and lookup("aliases")

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Feb 16 06:34:49 CET 2004

Arnd Vehling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the standard nathelper.cfg (8.1.12 CVS Stable) there is the following
> code:
>
> --
> if (uri==myself) {
>
>                 if (method=="REGISTER") {
>                         save("location");
>                         break;
>                 };
>
>                 lookup("aliases");
> ---
>
> Why arent the aliases not lookuped just after you save the location
> like:
>
> --
> if (uri==myself) {
>
>                 if (method=="REGISTER") {
>                         save("location");
>                         lookup("aliases");
>                         break;
>                 };
> --

I don't think this makes sense.  You need to know the aliases when you
are doing an INVITE, not when you are REGISTERING.   So for example if
you call user 111 which is also an alias for 222, then SER needs to know
that alias when an INVITE is heading for either 111 or 222, not when the
user is registering.