[Serusers] UAs not respecting Record Route

Samy Touati samy at tunix.com
Sun Feb 15 22:11:57 CET 2004

Hi,

Yes UA1 does send an ACK to ser, but the request URI contains the address of
UA3 and the route heard contains the address of ser. With this scenario, ser
routes the request to the initial called UA (UA2) instead of going to UA3.
The second ACK message still coming from UA1 (but a different UA, ATA186 in
this case) does generate an ACK  but in the request URI it's the ser proxy
address, and in the route header it's the address of UA3, and in this case
ser route the ACK to UA3.

In both cases the ACK is generated from UA1 (but they are different brands)
and they go to ser.

Included are two ethereal files, one is redirect-fail which contain the
redirection to a host @ port 5071 (UA3) while the second one redirect-ok
still contain the same redirect but this time it's working.

Phoenix.tunix.com:5071 is the address of UA3 (asterisk).

Thanks.

Samy.