[Serusers] ENUM anyone?

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at voztele.com
Fri Feb 13 19:43:09 CET 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

Hi,

> One of our clients asks us if we can set up ENUM
> client for him, so that his customers are able to
> call users in big free and commercial VoIP SIP
> networks.
>
> He claims that at least some of them already have
> ENUM zones delegated to them and operating.
>
> Can somebody shed some light on current state
> of ENUM and whether or not it is feasible to use
> it now.

ENUM is still in early state, specially in IP-PSTN interconnection as only a
few e164.arpa are delegated and working (not sure if there is some
real/commercial deployment) ... there are some important trials, one of the
more important is from nic.at . IPTel and other people of this list is
involved too so they will give you better information about the current state.

Saludos
JesusR.

Jesus Rodriguez
VozTelecom Sistemas, S.L.