[Serusers] auth module - append_rpid_hf

Gavin Bensom gavinb2i at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 03:00:23 CET 2004

I'm interested in using the append_rpid_hf function.
The auth module doc states that the function inserts
"the saved value of the SIP URI received from the
database or radius server followed by . . . "

I've inserted the function into my config file, plus
carefully inserted the necessary loadmodule and
modparam statements but no RPID field is being created
[based on ethereal captures at the gateway]. I think
that its because I'm not doing the right thing to get
a SIP URI saved to memory. I'm not sure what I'm
missing here.

Also, my subscriber table has no RPID column in it so
I pointed the rpid fuction to the phone column.

Also, will the radius module work with any [i.e. non
linux/unix] radius server?

I'm running 0.8.12 on RH 9

version: ser 0.8.12-tcp_nonb (i386/linux)
flags: STATS:Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE,
DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC,
FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144,
MAX_LISTEN 16, MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
@(#) $Id: main.c,v 1.168.4.1 2003/11/26 23:45:50
andrei Exp $
main.c compiled on 12:58:28 Jan  2 2004 with gcc 3.2

Thanks,
G.