AW: [Serusers] New versions of RTP proxy/nathelper commited

Brunner, Armin armin.brunner at id.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 5 05:02:49 CET 2004

Maxim,

there seem a problem with the IPv6 part of the rtpproxy. All works fine with nathelper/rtpproxy
inthe ipv4 mode (rtpproxy without an address or only with the "-l IPv4-address" option).
But if I start rtpproxy in the IPv6-mode with "-6 IPv6-address" crashes as soon there is a session
atempt:

boostie:/home/brunner # ser/rtpproxy/rtpproxy -f -6 2001:620:8:801:201:2ff:fe94:8e10
rtpproxy: rtpproxy started, pid 9787
rtpproxy: new session CD1B7AB1-2784-4203-AF8F-7DAC8AE4E250 at 192.94.63.109 <mailto:CD1B7AB1-2784-4203-AF8F-7DAC8AE4E250 at 192.94.63.109> , tag 2953072307 requested
segmentation fault

I'm using the newest CVS versions of nathelper and rtpproxy.

Regards
Armin

P.S.
In your announcment of the new rtpproxy/nathelper version you mention that there is no IPv6
address preloading. Because not writen any C-program for 15 years it would be definitly not
trivial for me to do this extension. You you think to finish the IPv6 support in nathelper/rtpproxy
in the next 3 month?