[Serusers] Multiple SER Servers

Edson Gellert Schubert egschubert at ig.com.br
Mon Feb 2 17:46:23 CET 2004

The idea behind the letters is to (as You say that You had many servers -
supposedly more than two) concentrate in one box the redirection knowledge,
letting it only doing this task and in the others the real traffic handle.
Better, said, like in a distributed cluster, one machine/box is concerned in
dispach/redirect the processings requirements (in SIP/UAs case, the "master"
say to the UAs were to go to complete/make a call) and the others having
"only" to handle "redirected" calls.

Thinking this way You'll not have a real load-balanced environment, but
You'll have lower traffic/CPU requiriments in each of Your GW/SER servers
(lower traffic, lower stress, lower requirements....). It's not a direct
anwser to Your question. It's a hint... an idea. Just this. I make my try,
but become missed somewhere.... ;)

Edson.