[Serusers] DNS

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Thu Dec 30 09:36:33 CET 2004

Look at the ngrep trace on your ser to see what happens  (see in ser/bin/ directory for a filter script with ngrep instructions at the top).  Especially look at what happens when the message leaves your ser destined for the next hop.  (I assume that the first message reached ser?!)
You may experience this ex. if aliases in your ser.conf have not been specified for all IP addresses/aliases of your server.  Ser will then not recognize messages.
    If the message does not reach ser at all, look at X-Pros diagnostic log.  Post the part related to DNS lookup.
g-)