[Serusers] Determine UAS on remote SIP phones

Dennis Baron dbaron at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 29 13:04:42 CET 2004

> I would like to determine state of UAS ( DND, forward calls
> turned on my remote sip phones.

> When I send options method to remote sip phones I always receive
> SIP/2.0 200 OK response regardless of activated call features (DND,
> forward)

> How can I distinguish different state of UAS ?

>From my (limited) understanding, OPTIONS is used to determine which
methods, etc. are supported by the UAS - and not to determine what
subscriber features are enabled.  Are you trying to retrieve this
information from a proxy or a phone?  It seems like in either case
SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY would be better methods.  But I'm not sure if
there is a standard way to communicate feature activation states.

		    Dennis