[Serusers] Strange SER hanging problem

Chris ser at cannes.f9.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 12:03:50 CET 2004

Had a similar issue in getting trying to get diagnostic output rather than
the uninformative segmentation error.
Found that starting with
--> "serctl start" or
--> "/etc/rc.d/init.d/ser start"
gave no useful output (i.e. just the segmentation error)
but starting the real ser directly gave the debug info.
Presumably this is by design but I had not seen mention in the
documentation.
Cheers
Chris