[Serusers] Can't connect to local MySQL server

Bryan Tran btran at multitech.com
Thu Dec 23 01:15:17 CET 2004

Hi Pali,

Did you fix your SER error below. If you did, pls tell how you fix it. I
have this problem and it has been 1 week and I am still not able to fix this
error. I am running Redhat 7.2, ser 0.8.12 for both source and rpm ,
MySQL-4.1.7.

Thanks,

Bryan

I installed SER exactly following INSTALL guide. I am running
on the same machine MySQL 4.0.20 and I successfuly initialised
ser database. After running ser by "serctl start" I got message:

Starting SER : cat: /var/run/ser.pid: No such file or directory
started pid ()
~#

   Of course ser is not running.

In syslog I can see messages:

ser: WARNING: could not rev. resolve 10.0.0.8
/usr/sbin/ser[579]: connect_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server \
     through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
/usr/sbin/ser[579]: db_init(): Error while trying to connect database
/usr/sbin/ser[579]: mod_init(): Error while connecting database
/usr/sbin/ser[579]: init_mod(): Error while initializing module usrloc

The IP 10.0.0.8 is address of PC where I'm running this SER and MySQL.

   Any hint/idea?

Pali