[Serusers] ser/serweb basics

Gurol Akman Gurol.Akman at telenity.com
Tue Dec 21 22:42:08 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm just getting familiar with ser & serweb. I successfully installed
ser-0.9.0 and I'm ready for my next step which is to run some basic
tests (e.g., registering users, initiating calls). From what I
understand serweb allows me to do all these things. My 1st question is,
are there any other tools (e.g., command-line utilities) that I can use
for such testing or is serweb is the recommended way of doing these?

My 2nd question is in regard to serweb installation. After I customized
the config.php script (I'm not sure if I did it right), I tried to open
the index.php file in my browser (konqueror) and got prompted by the
system about which application to use to open the file? What do I need
to do in order for my web browser to open this file properly? Also,
INSTALL instructions for serweb refer to php.ini file? Where should that
file be located at?

Thanks in advance,

Gurol