[Serusers] Re: register module max_contacts set via avpops

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 00:22:20 CET 2004

Sorry - My bad.

My assumption is that the mechanizm to determine the number of contacts for REGISTER messages
would also be similar to the mechanism that determines INVITE eligiblity.

For example, if I get an INVITE I know who it's from. Now the question is does this INVITE come
from someone who has a contact entry in the location table. If not - then reply with an error
otherwise honor the INVITE.

The pseudo code would be something like this:

if (method=="REGISTER") {

  if ([number of contacts] >= [max user seats for subscriber]) {
      return error code;
      break;
  }

  // normal REGISTER logic follows
}

// later in ser.cfg

if (method=="INVITE") {

  if ([from contact not in location table]) {
      return error code;
      break;
  }

  // normal INVITE logic follows
}

So we are again back to dealing with just contact records for REGISTER and INVITEs. If someone
registers their phone with 3600 seconds for the expiration and they have just one "seat" and then
they decide to move their phone to a different network - then they'd be S.O.L. until their
previous contact records expires.

Regards,
Paul