[Serusers] Re: register module max_contacts set via avpops

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 23:48:22 CET 2004

Alex,

I'm thinking that the location table in ser would do the trick - as max_contacts in the ser-0.9
registrar module seems to work well. The only problem with max_contacts is that it is a
server-wide setting.

If you think about it, we really don't care about anything other than who has a contact AOR in the
ser proxy because you can't really use your phone unless it's registered and we wouldn't let you
register if you have exceeded you allowed number of location table records.

Unless there is someone out there with a way to do this in ser-0.9 then I'll just have to
"AVPOPS-ize" the max_contacts piece of the registrar module myself.

As for "who our client is" -- we are a carriers-carrier. So our client is just another CLEC or
other company that is selling VoIP and using our platform for their own customers.

Regards,
Paul