[Serusers] call log and accounting for forwarded and referred calls

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Wed Dec 22 09:03:51 CET 2004

The issue is that A has no choice to be forwarded or not. When a 302 is
received by A, there is no option for A to continue or reject the call. In
this example, B (an IP phone) sets his phone forwarding to C which is a long
distance number. A is from PSTN. When A makes a call to B, B sends 302 to
the PSTN gateway. The gateway forwards the call to ser which routes it back
to C via the PSTN gatway. So in ser's call log, I see a call from A to C.
Apparently I can't charge A or C. Only B is in my domain. But B is not even
in the second call log. In my understanding, if B sets the forward setting
on his phone to a toll number, he should be the one paying the bill.

This also applies even if A is in my domain.

Cheers,
Richard