[Serusers] ser and RADIUS

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Dec 20 08:47:11 CET 2004

The UA should support digest authentication.  I believe most do.  There are
several versions of the digest algorithm, but the most basic one with MD5,
no qop etc is sufficient.  The auth has the following exchange:
UA -> SER: REGISTER
SER -> UA: Not authorized (nonce and other auth info returned)
UA -> SER: REGISTER with password hash calculated based on sip domain and
nonce
SER -> UA: Ok (For each registered user location, a Contact: line is added)

g-)