[Serusers] Gateway Numbers Translation

Andrés Parra L. apl_1980b at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 22:30:08 CET 2004

Dear sirs:
I almost have implemented the PSTN termination service in my Sip Proxy
using a third-party Gateway provider in Miami, but im having some trouble
translating the phone numbers in my sip Proxy to GW numbers that the
provider gave me for each user of my system that wanted to have a PSTN
Termination Service.
I was talking to the GW people and they told me that they don't know if
the Remote-Party-ID header field is supported by them.
I've been testing registering to my SIP Proxy with a GW number (provided
by the GW people) as username ("sip:gateway#@mydomain.com") and
succesfully called to anywhere i wanted.
But the real issue comes when i register with a username of my domain
("sip:username at mydomain.com") the GW send me to an IVR and ask me for a
pin number.
I´m sending the Remote-Party-ID with append_rpid_hf();
Also, the GW people told me that they check the From field of the SIP
Header for the GW numbers they gave me. If i´m interested in leave alone
my clients numeration (which i am!!) i should have to rewrite the From
Header Field which will cause interop problems.
Guys i need some help, i´m lost, so close and so far at the same time.
Is there a way to translate the numbers of my domain to the numbers of
the gw provider?
Best Regards
Andrés Parra L
andresparra at ipsofactum.com