[Serusers] Mixing in sems conference module

bobcat . falling174fps at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 20:10:30 CET 2004

I spent a few hours looking at the code. It's pretty scary! On the other
hand my c++ isn't as good as my C. It looks like all the input streams
are taken and mixed together and then pushed back to all the sockets
that are connected.
Does one process do this? (I mean there isn't a thread for each person
connected?). In that sense it would be impossible to strip out the packets
that belong to each person as they go back out to those persons. They're
already mixed with everyone elses (in that time slice I suppose).

Besides, analog conference phones don't do that - they just mute the
output as you speak. That wouldn't be a function of sems, that would be
a function of the client...

Just musing :-)

Conor.