[Serusers] serweb php scripts could not open ser_fifo for writing ...

alhezmi at yahoo.de alhezmi at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 15 13:22:40 CET 2004

Hello all,

I've just installed the serweb interface in a running
ser environment.
In spite of changing the access mode of the ser_fifo
(stored in /tmp) to allow php scripts for reading and
writing, php scripts send the following error message
to my web browser "sorry -- cannot open write fifo".
Since the ser_fifo file location is under the /tmp
directory, I didn't change the value of the
fifo_server parameter in the config.php script.
The question is: is the value path of the ser_fifo
relative to the running script (functions.php) or
absolute?

Best regard,

=====
Al-Hezmi, Adel