[Serusers] Error in Ser.cfg - Auth.db

bobcat . falling174fps at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:38:01 CET 2004

>http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2003-March/000627.html
>
>As I see in debug messages there is something "strange" with the path to
>the socket file,  never heard '/var/lig/...' -- is OS in other language
>than english or you have a custom installation?!?

Ahem. Well don't I look silly in my last mail now. Yes, there are
assumptions
by the mysql.so module as to where the socket file is located. Also my
guess is that Felipe typed that in manually and made typos. A binary
version of mysql often puts its sock file in /tmp. If you do this:

export MYSQL_UNIX_PORT=/tmp/mysql.sock

before running ser, it should solve the problem. I hope :-)

Conor.