[Serusers] Problems using REFER method using SER and Cisco gateway

Raffaele rafdalb at tb.ngnet.it
Fri Dec 10 21:55:48 CET 2004

Hello Richard,

thanks for your answer.

I think my case is a little bit different. Read below,

Richard wrote:

>>My question is: is there any way to configure SER changing the REFER
>>message in order to "force" the gateway to send the INVITEs through the
>>server?
>>
>>Or, anyone knows if something more than dial-peers has to be configured
>>on Cisco gateways?
>>

>The short answer is no. It is not supported by cisco. It is a problem not
>limited to cisco. Some other pstn gateways have the same problem.
>
>Here is the official cisco answer,
>
>Cheers,
>Richard
>

>When a REFER is received by the SIP SPI, it passes the refer-to header up
>to the application.  This contains the entire uri of the transfer target.
>The app then extracts the user portion of the uri to get the E.164
>number.  The app expects the user portion of the uri to be an E.164
>number.  If it's not, transfers won't work today.

But the uri the phone passes to the gateway is in the format
205 at nat_public_ipaddres where 205 is an internal number.

I have a dial peer configured in this way:

dial-peer voice 5 voip
 application session
 destination-pattern 2[0,1,5].
 session protocol sipv2
 session target sip-server

and when I debug on the router the dial-peer is correcly matched.
However the gateway doesn't send the INVITE to the sip server but
directy to the "nat_public_ipaddress

>It sounds like you are requesting the application to perform some
>additional logic to do a dial-peer match on the domain portion of the
>refer-to URL rather than doing a dial-peer match based on the extracted
>E.164 number.
>
>This would require enhancement to the IOS application
>code.  I'm not sure how involved these changes would need to be - that
>would require more investigation if this enhancement is pursued.
>
>In addition to the above IOS changes, it would require the user to
>configure a voice class uri and apply this uri to the outgoing dial-peer
>using the 'destination uri' dial-peer config.
><http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configurati
>on_guide_chapter09186a00801d2ac5.html>

I will try using voice class.

Thanks again,