[Serusers] SER forwarding to Asterisk

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 12:38:21 CET 2004

Joao,

--- Joao Pereira <joao.pereira at fccn.pt> wrote:
> Im trying to make SIP to H.323 calls, redirecting from SER to Asterisk and then to GNUGK
> I tried hard to do it but the documentation is not very explicit.
<snip>

>  rewritehostport("Asterisk_ip : Asterisk_port");
<snip>

> Can anyone tell me how to redirect H.323 calls to Asterisk?

The rewritehostport should work for you. Have you installed the h323 channel driver for Asterisk?
If yes, which one? Experience from people say that Asterisk's native h323 channel driver has
issues bridging calls between SIP and H323. You need to use the channel driver from
inaccessnetworks (chan_oh323).

Here's a caveat if you are installing oh323 driver: Read the documentation carefully before
installing pwlib and openh323 libraries for the driver. Unless you choose the right versions and
follow the readme, you'll never be able to install the driver. Just search through the * archives
to see how many people have faced problems installing the driver.

Best,

=====
Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>