[Serusers] Re: External Notify (ser+asterisk)

Michael Shuler mike at bwsys.net
Sat Dec 4 19:11:33 CET 2004

Actually I wrote a patch for this and it supports ast_data too.  What you do
is tell asterisk that all of your phones IP addresses are your SER machine.
Then when a message gets left Asterisk sends the NOTIFY to
username at seripaddress:serport.  SER gets it and since it knows what's up, it
relays it to the phone.  Tada!  I gave my patch to Rob (who leads up the
ast_data patch.  If you need it let me know.  Its for Asterisk 1.0.2 with
the 1.0.2 ast_data patch.

Michael Shuler, C.E.O.
BitWise Communications, Inc. (CLEC) And BitWise Systems, Inc. (ISP)
682 High Point Lane
East Peoria, IL 61611
Office: (217) 585-0357
Cell: (309) 657-6365