[Serusers] SER stops after connecting to RTP Proxy

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Thu Dec 2 15:54:00 CET 2004

That's pretty much the end of startup, actually :-). The rest starts
jamming when you get connections to port 5060. You could debug = 4 to
see more output if you'd like.. Keep in mind that SER is by no means
"intelligent", especially without modules, *you* tell it what to listen
for and what to say via the config file. ie: without a routing statement
the proxy will literally do nothing.

	I would recommend starting out with nathelper.cfg located in the
src sample directory, that actually works from default for local user
routing. Forwarding to Asterisk (,etc..) is another story, see if you
get all that working first and then move on. I made the mistake of
trying to do too much without knowing how the config worked, the result
I had was often infinite loops that would crash SER and Asterisk.

	Matt