[Serusers] two gateways

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 2 14:14:42 CET 2004

Ron:

   The failure_route will be activated when a transaction fails. This is
different
than a route because it is triggered by the failure of a previously executed
command. The reason I asked about the word "automatically" is that a
failure_route is activated after an initial attempt, in this case a
t_relay command,
fails. It will not be activated when an invite for a user is first
received by
the proxy.  An example follows:

  #
  # Redirect user to vm if not availabile?
  #
  if (is_user_in("Request-URI", "voicemail")) {
    t_on_failure("6");
    setflag(6);
    log(1, "[SER]: Flag for VM redirect successful. \n");
  };

 failure_route[6] {
   xlog("L_INFO", "\n[SER]: START FAILURE BLOCK #6 Unavailable user:
        Time: [%Tf] Method: <%rm> From uri <%fu> To < %tu> IP source
address <%is>
        R-uri: <%ru> Contact Header: <%ct> \n\n");
  revert_uri();
  rewritehostport("voicemailserver.myco.com:5070");
  append_branch();
  t_relay_to_udp("voicemailserver.myco.com", "5070");
  break;
}

-Steve