[Serusers] error: uac does not spread accross the whole hash table

Rao rao_ser at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 21:47:14 CET 2004

I am getting following error on 0.8.12 release on
solaris

Nov 30 15:16:04 serz ./ser[19619]: [ID 767465
daemon.warning] Warning:
uac does not spread accross the whole hash table

Looking at the code:

#define RAND_MAX 32767

And

/* always use a power of 2 for hash table size */
#define T_TABLE_POWER    16
#define TABLE_ENTRIES    (1 << (T_TABLE_POWER)) == 64K

int uac_init(void)
{
        str src[3];

        if (RAND_MAX < TABLE_ENTRIES) {
                LOG(L_WARN, "Warning: uac does not
spread "
                    "accross the whole hash table\n");
        }
<....>

}

So it seems that this condition will always be true.
Which seems like a bug in uac.c. However I don't
always see the error message even though tm module is
always loaded sny ideas why ?
Also I dont see any serious operational issues due to
this warning. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Rao.