[Serusers] SER TCP Errors

Darren Nay dnay at IONOSPHERE.net
Wed Dec 1 20:13:03 CET 2004

Hey All,

We experienced a problem yesterday with SER and now are attempting to track
down the reason that it happened in order to "hopefully" find a way to
prevent it from happening again.

We have been running SER successfully for the past 5+ months without much
incident until yesterday morning.  SER suddenly stopped responding to TCP
requests.

Once we restarted it then it came back.

During the period that SER had stopped responding we received the following
errors repeatedly in syslog.

 Nov 30 13:00:37 ss1 /usr/local/sbin/ser[19457]: ERROR:
tcp_blocking_connect: timeout (10)
 Nov 30 13:00:48 ss1 /usr/local/sbin/ser[19459]: ERROR:
tcp_blocking_connect: timeout (10)

Any idea what would cause this specific error? Or what would cause SER to
suddenly behave this way?

Thanks for the help!

Darren Nay
VOIP Network Development