[Serusers] SERWEB + PostgreSQL : Login trouble ( attached: my PostgreSQL database dump)

John Draper crunch at shopip.com
Fri Aug 27 01:58:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

   I just downloaded and extracted this file....
ser-0.8.14_openbsd_i386.tar.gz
and it seems to be an "already built" SER server,   as I see no build
instructions,
but I do see an "sbin" directory where "ser" exists.   Am I to assume
this is
already built and ready to execute and run?

  In looking at the document titled SER HowTo (HTML) I see this section....

2.5. DNS SVR Resource Records
  And it tells me how to setup my DNS...     How important is this?    I
don't have control
of the DNS server that serves our server,   this is managed by our
Co-Location....
AmI required to add these records to the DNS in order to get the server
to work?

  Is it possible to forgoe this step,  or is it vital I have to have
this done before
I try and fire up the server.

  My friend downloaded the ser-0.8.10 from the ports tree a while ago,
and installed
it,   but I also extracted the binary and stuck this copy in a different
place.   I want
to play with both versions.

  Right now,  I'm still in reading phase,  but due to learning
disability,  it's taken me
a long time to figure things out.  So bear with me,  as I'm sure I can
really use some
help on this.

John