[Serusers] RPM package

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at iptel.org
Thu Aug 26 16:22:20 CEST 2004

Hello,
since RedHat stopped supporting the old versions as well as releasing
new free versions of their linux system, I shifted to Debian -  Fedora
Core 1 didn't look for me as mature system, never tried later releases.

We considered it doesn't worth to support anymore RedHat packages, but
you can find the spec file needed to generate the rpm in your system. It
is located in sip_router/rpm/ser.spec-4.1. You need to install the
development libraries for mysql, radiusclient, expat and then check the
manual page for rpmbuild to see how to do it. You can then contribute
with these packages deploying them to a site for download and announcing
over this mailing list.

If I recall correctly, there was someone who tried to build them, he had
some problems, I do not know if he succeeded finally, you can dig into
mailing list for it.

Daniel