[Serusers] SERWEB + PostgreSQL : Login trouble ( attached: my PostgreSQL database dump)

SB sylver_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 13:55:13 CEST 2004

----- now with the content -----

Hello,

You will find attached my PostgreSQL database dump for Serweb; As I said
I'm not sure that all the fields are good enough, maybe you will have to
change some of them... Let me know if you make some modifications.

In order to run Serweb with PGSQL please do as follow:
1. load the SQL DDL file into your PGSQL

2. load at least one account with the same domain listed in
/serweb/html/set_domain.php
e.g. $config->domain = "your_domain.com";

2. modify:
/serweb/html/config_data_layer.php
$config->data_sql->type="pgsql";

$config->data_sql->host[$i]['host']="localhost";           //database host
$config->data_sql->host[$i]['port']="";                         //database
port - leave empty for default
$config->data_sql->host[$i]['name']="database_name";          //database name
$config->data_sql->host[$i]['user']="your_login";
//database conection user
$config->data_sql->host[$i]['pass']="your_password";

I'm using the last SERWEB from the CVS. I think that's all you need to do.
If you succeed to connect please let me know.

Is there anybody using the last Serweb with Postgre ? Any chance to login ?

Thanks,
SB

John Draper <crunch at webcrunchers.com> wrote:
SB wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm using SERWEB but I have some trouble to login when the
 > login/password is correct. If the password is wrong, I have an error
 > message telling me "wrong password". But if the login/password is Ok,
 > then the page start a long processing cycle without anything in return
 > (after 5 minutes, blank page or server unreachable).
 >
 > In my configuration, I have:
 >
 >clear_text_pw=1
 >

 > My default domain match with the admin user's domain i'm using to
 > login. The database I'm using is PostgreSQL (all serweb sql scripts
 > have been ported to PGSQL, I will provide all the sql files as soon as
 > everything is running smoothly).

You have this running under PostGreSQL? WOW! Cool... I'm just now
getting started setting up my SER
server, but have no clue on how to get it hooked into PostGres. Could
you point me to some documents you
found that tells me how to do it?
I'm using 0.8.10 by the way, should I install a newer version?
John