AW: [Serusers] No mem for sip_msg

Peter Herre nospam at inconsult.at
Wed Aug 25 14:56:28 CEST 2004

Hi Jiri,

thank you for your quick reply.

The mentioned error occurs after each single SIP message,
even right after starting ser.

There is no load on the SIP server, there is just one SIP
user who wants to log on SER by sending the appropriate
request.

This request works fine with my SER, as long as I leave
database access disabled. As soon as I enable database
access, the mentioned error occurs.

More detailed information follows:

operating system:
=================
Linux voip 2.6.5-7.104-default #1 Wed Jul 28 16:42:13 UTC 2004
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

ser distribution:
=================
ser-0.8.14_src.tar.gz

modified config.h file:

/*used only if PKG_MALLOC is defined*/
#define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 10240*1024

/*used if SH_MEM is defined*/
#define SHM_MEM_SIZE 64

ser build:
==========
version:  0.8.14 (i386/linux)
flags: STATS:Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, DISABLE_NAGLE, DNS_IP_HACK, SHM_MEM,
SHM_MM
AP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16,
MAX_URI_SI
ZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
@(#) $Id: main.c,v 1.168.4.3 2004/06/28 15:41:21 andrei Exp $
main.c compiled on 23:59:48 Aug 24 2004 with gcc 3.3

ser config file:
================
see enclosed ser.cfg

ser log file at loglevel 8:
see enclosed ser.log

However, it is worth mentioning that my ser cannot be started if the ser.cfg
parameter "fork" is set to "no": The ser process starts and immediately
after
the start it closes itself at that point where usually the child processes
are started in a "fork=yes" scenario.

Best regards,
Peter