[Serusers] NAT ping and consumer router

Richard richard at o-matrix.org
Mon Aug 23 03:38:57 CEST 2004

Hi,

It can quickly become a long discussion if no NAT traversal support is UA's
fault. Most high end UAs are traditionally geared towards business market
where there is no NAT issue. That's why NAT supports are not very good on
them. Also at this moment there are just too many solutions which are not
compatible to each other.

Going back to the real problem... In the short term, I think that the
quickest solution is to find out a NAT device which allows inbound traffic
to refresh NAT binding timer. I know that cisco PIX is one of them, but
would like to find out if any lower end NAT firewall/router have it too...

Thanks,
Richard