[Serusers] Help on managing ser.cfg

Alan Litster alitster at telcoelectronics.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 13:22:04 CEST 2004

Hi List,

My ser.cfg file has grown quite large now and it's becoming quite hard to
manage all the gateways. For example, if we need to change them.

What I'd like to have is a file that contains the hosts, e.g.
@GW1@	gateway1.mydomin.com
@GW2@	gateway2.mydomin.com

then have a ser.cfg.template script where I'd define the hosts in the
forward/reply commands as @GW1@ etc.. and run a shell script/command on that
file to generate the master ser.cfg file.

My question is that is there already a program available that would allow me
to do this kind of thing?

Regards,

Alan

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is copyright and may contain confidential information.
The contents are intended for the use of the addressee(s) only.
Unauthorized use may be unlawful.
If you receive this email by mistake, please advise sender immediately.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Telco Electronics Limited.
Nothing in this mail shall bind Telco Electronics Limited in any contract or obligation.

Telco Electronics Limited
6-8 Oxford Court
Brackley
Northants