[Serusers] new user help appreciated

Dimitri Georganas dg at mitc.net
Sat Aug 14 13:48:22 CEST 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list and currently trying to get things working with
ser. We have a  ser server behind a cisco soho router (DSL) and I
enabled udp and tcp on ports 5060, but clients outside cannot register
with the server.

When I dialin with a vpn connection, registration is no problem.

Did anyone experience this problem? Isn't opening up 5060 enough or is
the problem in host name resolution. I'm seeing some syslog entries with
ser complaining that it cannot resolve 'dg' which isn't a hostname, but
my username.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dimitri Georganas
MITC