[Serusers] Cisco Phone question

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Fri Aug 13 13:41:07 CEST 2004

I've noticed that with SIP v6.3 on a Cisco 7960 the phone periodically
has registration problems. A show status at the phone interface
shows the message "E630 REG retries exceeded". If I try to force
an un-register then re-registration sometimes it works and sometimes
I get "E630 REG retries exceeded".

I've looked at various timer values but worst case is that I am using the
defaults. For any timer that was changed the change was in a positive
direction.

Cisco does report registration problems in version 6.1 code but they
are suppose to be fixed in version 6.3. Has anyone else seen this
behavior? If so do you have any suggestions for what might be
causing it?

Thanks,Steve

--

ISC Network Engineering