[Serusers] How to drop a call in SER

ks lf ksabc at lycos.com
Tue Aug 10 05:03:27 CEST 2004

I know SER is a pure Proxy server instead of a B2BUA, I know iptel has commercial Application Agent (AA) module to take care pre-paid scenario, but beside that, is there have any alternative way to tear down a call (just drop a call - the most basic pre-paid request, don't need forward to IVR etc. other complex process) from SER system by any configuration, external script or source code hacking?

Some of approach I can imagine are:

1/ Trace each call session with external script, and then issue properly BYE message to both caller and callee party when need shutdown a call; but I don't know how to take care the call sesion with external program access, and how to generate BYE message;

2/ If full RTP Proxy mode, we can shutdown the rtp proxy path for that call session to stop the voice conversation, in this way caller or callee will hangup for no voice stream problem, it could be an alternative way to tear down a call; but same question how to monitor that call and then issue command to RTPPROXY for disconnecting the voice path?

Hope my questions and suggestions make sense to you, thank you for you patient and kindly reply.

Regards,