[Serusers] SER and the SPA3000

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Aug 10 11:09:13 CEST 2004

On 10-08 02:11, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> SIP allows multiple credentials in one request. These credentials differ
> in the realm string. So using the same realm for 2 hops does not work as
> long as the hops are not synchronized in producing the nonce. Maybe it
> can work if the proxy uses proxy-authentication and the SIPURA uses
> www_authentication.

  No, the trick with proxy-authentication and www-authentication will
  not work. You have to either syncronize the nonce validation or use
  distinct realms.

  The question is how widely are multiple credentials within a
  single SIP message supported in existing implementations. I saw many
  implementations that give up after second 401 or 407 even if there is
  a new challenge in the reply.

    Jan.