[Serusers] Keep Alives? SO_KEEP_ALIVE? TCP Null packet?

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Sun Aug 8 16:49:23 CEST 2004

You would have to send some keep-alives, perhaps dummy OPTION requests.
Even if your firewall would not drop active TCP connections, SER drops
them too -- drop time is subject to configuration and current TCP load.

Despite that I think that the first place to work on is your firewall
congiguration. Closing traffic to a server seems to me like a suboptimal
idea.

-jiri