[Serusers] Keep Alives? SO_KEEP_ALIVE? TCP Null packet?

Jamie Yukes jyukes at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 08:57:07 CEST 2004

Suggesting a shorter re-REGISTER interval would solve a problem that
exists between the UA and the proxy....

Our problem is between a proxy and another proxy.  We control one
proxy and the other proxy is with the ITSP.  The TCP connection exists
during a live call.  The other proxy sends TCP "null packet" keep
alives every 15 seconds... however, our firewall does not apply them
to the session activity timer on our outbound connection.  We would
need to send TCP "null packet" keep alives to keep our firewall
session activity timer from lapsing, and losing session control.

Should I implement this via an external FIFO interface, that
enumerates active call sessions every 15 seconds, and write a
component that will send "null packet" on each connection?  Should I
extend something like the tm module?

Appreciatively,
Jamie Yukes