[Serusers] Problem in connecting windows-messenger with ser 0.8.14

jawad bokhari bokhari_jawad at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 09:41:12 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I just compiled IPTel proxy yesterday from ser source
distribution in tar.gz format.

Following options used to compile and install:

make prefix=/ all
make prefix=/ install

It couldn't find all modules but build the rest and I
could start it with no problems.

serctl moni also gives me the running status of
ser-proxy.

I am testing it in-house in a private network to
understand it's capabilities and possibility to
integrate it with my billing solution.

SER proxy is installed on linux machine
(192.168.0.102) and I have installed windows messanger
version 5.0 with SIP support on windows machine
(192.168.0.98).
On dialer, I go to Tools > Options and select the
"Accounts" tab to configure the SIP proxy address
there.

I selected the "SIP Communication Service Account" and
clicked "Advance" to specify SIP proxy address. I
entered SIP Server Name as 192.168.0.102.

There were 3 types of connections available:

- TCP
- TLS
- UDP

I tried once with TCP and 2nd time with UDP. But I
can't see any activity on the output of "serctl moni".

I can't see any folder where to find logs of this
communication.
I have the configuration file /etc/ser/ser.cfg.
I didn't create any account yet, assuming "by default"
there's no authentication performed and user should
quickly be connected.

Thanks for all your help at very starting phase of
this setup.
I am very much interested to setup this service and to
recommend to my client as well.

Best Regards,

Jawad Bokhari