[Serusers] from & remote-party-id manipulation

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Sun Aug 1 22:58:32 CEST 2004

BTW, very nice email domain -- magrathea-telecom ;-), I am sure you will
like the Call-ID and CSeq we put into aliases table, see

http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serdev/2004-July/002465.html

for more details.

On 30-07 16:37, Linus Surguy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone confirm there is not a way to do this with the standard commands
> before I write our own module.
>
> a) Incoming call has no remote-party-id, but does have a numeric from
> address. Create a remote-party-id based on the from address.

  Stock ser makes it possible to create the remote-party-id based on the
  digest credentials username. When you perform digest authentication,
  it will retrieve the rpid value either from the database (subscriber
  table) or from radius server and create a new remote-party-id header
  field.

> Then...
>
> b) Either we have a remote-party-id passed with the initial call, or the one
> we constructed in (a). Now prepend a digit string pulled from the database
> to the user part of the remote-party-id uri.

  If you prepend the same string to all numbers then you can configure
  it in the configuration file of ser using rpid_prefix and rpid_suffix
  parameters.

  If you need it on per-subscriber basis then you can include the prefix
  directly in rpid column in subscriber table.

    Jan.