[Serusers] source address of outbound tcp connections

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 30 22:15:20 CEST 2004

On Apr 27, 2004 at 17:59, Alexander Mayrhofer <axelm at nic.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to use t_relay_to_tcp() on a machine with several IP
> addresses on just one ethernet interface.
>
> SER seems not to set the source address of the TCP connection, so the OS
> (more or less) randomly chooses one of the virtual addresses on the
> interface, which makes in turn filtering based on source ip address
> a B<- (pain in the a** ;).
>
> Is there any way to configure SER 0.8.12 to use a specific source
> address in outbound tcp connections (it works for udp, though)?

No. Ser will try to reuse a tcp connection, but if it has to open a new
one it won't set the address of the TCP connection (IIRC there were some
discussion about this recently on serdev).

I will fix it sometime in the near future, but I don't think I will
backport it to stable (unless lots of people test and it proves not to
brake anything).

Andrei