[Serusers] SER 0.8.12 and RFC

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Tue Apr 27 14:08:11 CEST 2004

On 26-04 17:02, Curro wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks, Jan, for your answer. But I would like to make you (and all the
> list) another questions, if you don't mind ;).
>
> I suppose that modify SER to accept new headers as described in most of
> these RFC's, involves modify SER parser and core, so they can't be
> accomplished in a new separated module. Am I wrong or a module could be
> enough?

  It can be done even from modules. It will be not very efficient but it
  is possible.

> I have been searching mail list to find information about B2BUA.
> SER doesn't store call state, only transactional state, so it can't act
> like a B2BUA. How much would cost, in terms of time and difficulty, add
> a new module to allow SER store call state and generate BYEs or
> SUBSCRIBEs? Maybe, SER developers are already working on this or someone
> could be interested.

  It's not easy to turn ser into a B2BUA, it requires a lot of coding.
  We have a B2BUA under a commercial license or there is the one from
  Vovida, some people here have been using it so they might give you a
  better answer. I personally don't have any experience with Vovida
  B2BUA.

    Jan.