[Serusers] DNS SRV RR : zone file: Help

Saber Fakih saber at ipaxiom.com
Mon Apr 26 00:20:35 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am have managed to create the zone file, (sipserver.ipaxiom.com) and have
tried running the command

[root at sipserver saber]# dig -t SRV _sip._udp.sipserver.ipaxiom.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> -t SRV _sip._udp.sipserver.ipaxiom.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_sip._udp.sipserver.ipaxiom.com. IN    SRV

;; Query time: 19 msec
;; SERVER: 81.86.193.6#53(81.86.193.6)
;; WHEN: Sun Apr 25 23:08:32 2004
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 49

as you can see u I do not get the answer from the server. I am may have done
something wrong, I have included the sipserver.ipaxiom.com.zone file

You may be able to point me in the right direction.
below is the zone file

[root at sipserver saber]# more /var/named/sipserver.ipaxiom.com.zone
sipserver.ipaxiom.com   86400           IN      SOA
sipserver.ipaxiom.com.  customercare.ipaxiom.com (
                                                       1998111908 ; serial
                                                       36000 ; refresh
                                                       900 ; retry
                                                       36000 ; expire
                                                       28800 ; minimum
                                                       )
               IN      NS              sipserver.ipaxiom.com.
               IN      A               81.86.193.8
;
_sip._udp               SRV  0 0 5060   gateway.sipserver.ipaxiom.com.
gateway         IN      A               81.86.193.8
www             IN      CNAME           gateway.sipserver.ipaxiom.com.

Hope to hear from you soon.

many thanks

Best Regards

Saber