[Serusers] SIP <-> H.323

Arnd Vehling av at nethead.de
Fri Apr 23 20:25:29 CEST 2004

> Arnd, could you explain, why you think sipquest.com
> sucks?

2 main reasons:

1. They removed all copies of the (former) open source SIP/H323 Proxy
    called "sip323" so they can sell it as a commercial product. If
    a software is once released as Open Source it should IMO stay that way.

    Especially if supported by or completely funded with "University money".

2. They dont seem kinda flexible to me. I dont expect a SIP/VOIP startup
    giving me the "we first need to establish a procedure for this" answer
    when asking for a static compilation of a test version  of their sip/h323
    proxy so it runs under debian (what we use) instead of red-hat.

    I would expect this kind  of answer from german telekom, AT&T and Siemens
    and that are not the companies i personally like to work with.

    Instead of delivering a statically compiled version they suggested to
    install a red-hat box in our co-location so we can test the software.
    Natuarlly we didnt do that.

best regards,

:: Arnd ::