[Serusers] Audio Problem

GR S gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 14:26:27 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I started using SER a few weeks back. It's working
pretty good, but i am having some issues with audio.

This is the scenario:
softphone <-> NAT <-> SER/Public IP <-> NAT <->
softphone

I have a softphone in our local network trying to call
another softphone in another network. This works
perfectly, I am having no issues. But when I try to
call a softphone in the same local network, the
connection establishes, softphone says audio active,
but there is no sound. I think this is because of NAT,
but how can i make it work for phones connected in the
same network? Can anyone help me in figuring out the
problem, or any pointers or links from where i can
find some useful information? Any help on this regard
would be greately appreciated.

Regards, Girish